Friday, January 30, 2009

R.I.P

And so the story goes...I got the news that a staff at my old highschool died this morning. There's a deep sadness within me, because he was only in his 40's. He was just a very jovial person, great personality. He never tried to talk down to the students. He treated everyone pretty much as an equal. I remember when I had become a senior, he let me cut the lunch line inorder to exercise my seniority. We had a good laugh over that, cuz no one took me seriously. Mr. Kirkland always saved me a pass to the library, even when they were about to run out. He always inquired about my mom's health, especially when he heard she had a stroke. He told me it would be ok, and ok it was. Unfortunately Mr. Kirkland did not survive the same stroke that my mother had. It took his life. My heart goes out to his family and everyone that ever met him, because until you've met this guy you'll never know how big of an impact he had on us. And so i venture out into the world now, ready to offer a smile to anyone who needs it, ready to tell jokes to brighten days.

No comments:

Post a Comment