Thursday, March 19, 2009

And you say my name...

So today I decided to deactivate my facebook account. Don't ask me why, its something that I felt I had to do for the time being. I need to feel like my life doesn't revolve around it. I guess I'm trying to make up for the times I've signed off only to find myself logged back on two secs later. Things like that can kill brain cells. Forgive my fragmented thoughts.

And so it hit me while talking to my neighbor a couple of days ago. The Naija community in NY is too small for my liking. Which is why i don't make it a habit of attending naija parties. The way I see it you're partying with the same people over and over again<< where's the fun in that? So I'll probably wait for time to pass before i finally make my debut at one of the parties ( the little form fitting dresses in my closet are begging for a night out in town). Another unfrotunate aspect of it is that , in NY, if you know one Nigerian you know them all. So lets say you know Kunle, whose cousin is Ola..turns out Ola was the dude your cousin dated a while back, but now he's dating chioma who happens to be one of your close friends from way back when. Now you like Kunle's friend Emeka, but Chioma doesn't trust him cuz they used to chill and he's not bf material<< Things like this i don't like. I think thats one of the reasons why I've never really bothered dating a naija guy. If there is no cheating involved, you better believe you're messing with someone's ex, and there's bound to be drama. So as of right now...I'm trying to keep a low profile ( right bebe? LMAO). Don't get me wrong I love naija guys. I love everything about them, from their swagg to their sense of humor, but getting involved with one in NYC is like a warrant for trouble.

1 comment:

  1. i see im not the only one who has deactivated..

    i know what u mean, dating a naija guy in joburg wud be horrific!

    ReplyDelete